12.08.2006

2007 Started this week


That's right, you don't need to go look at your calendar, I know it is still 2006 on there. But as far as how this past year went for me...I'm putting it behind me. Did the State CX final race last weekend. Why? Not because I was all trained for it (let alone in shape for an hour of hard riding). It had a whole lot more to do with finishing up a pretty rough year AND giving me a fitness check / motivation to start working on 2007.

It would give me a way to look ahead, a physical marking point. What better way then to go to a cross race? Lots of people there I hadn't seen in a long time, people cheering for you and encouraging you no matter how you're doing. Plus, when you're riding that hard you aren't able to think about anything else. Sweet!

2 comments:

Chris said...

2007 will be better for you I am sure.

Alicia said...

Sweet Jeepers there ma'am - no blogging in forever and then a flurry of blogging (helped by our crazy(ina good way) friend LJ's rant of Romex - Glad to hear the D-man is ok, adn that you are planning for a rowdy 2007 - me too.

Sorry I was stuck here rather than playing with you LJ today - I'm going to do my own 3 hour tour, three hour tour....and hope not to end up on teh island of pain tonight !!

have fun today and easy does it into the 2007!