3.18.2006

Cross Training



Today was going to be a nice long road ride. I got sidetracked early this morning. We'd had some serious wind a few weeks back and a tree had come down on our fence. So we went out to repair that. Next thing I know we're tackling a bunch of tree removal, trimming, pruning, hauling. Six hours later I limped into the house, barely able to grasp the door knob. It was great to have this all done but not quite the planned training for today.

The pick axe got pretty heavy before I finished. A small sampling of today's effort is shown here for your entertainment.

Hope I get recovered for a mtn. bike epic Sunday...a real trail ride! Yup! Going to actually ride on a trail before Ouachita. I can't believe that is a week from now.

2 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

When you were talking about yard work I pictured you trimming small shrubs. Not hauling away trees!

Alicia said...

seems there's some deforestation going in Michigan!