3.12.2006

Epic Outing


After another fast work-filled week I got out on the 29er for a nice ride yesterday. Sunny and warm with a fierce headwind. Still, great to be riding outside and the sun was a treat.

Today I met up with Danielle and then we later hooked up with Scott and Toni (this kid is an amazing rider, it's like she isn't working hard at all). Epic ride for me for sure, hardest/longest ride of the year. The sun shone again today and the temps were even in the 50s. The rain kindly blew through during the night leaving us sunny and dry.

Had to laugh, the first hour was a gasping near speechless outing. Turns out Danielle thought I was setting the pace and I thought she was. So we ending up riding real steady that first hour. Glad it was on the flat White Pine trail. From there it was out to the rolling back roads of Ada.

This is how things looked a lot today. Most likely Danielle had likely dropped back with me, quite kind. She's good about that (thanks). It certainly kept me motivated to ride hard to hang on as well as the need to catch up after many of the endless succession of hills. Loved it. At one point I was sucking in so much air that Danielle thought a dog was barking. Nope, just me trying to breath. But all in all it was a great ride and we did pretty much hang together.

One of the downhills had us working like we were on the flats, cross tires and a bit of wind can do that. It all was just great today, the sun and biking outside can make a great day.

Weather forecast has winter returning after a Monday of super high winds. The soaked ground and those winds will probably have me doing some cross training cleaning up downed trees before the week is out.

Two weeks till Ouachita!

2 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

Please, I wasn't being nice. You were just being fast and keeping up :-) The only thing that kept me going on Honeycreek Rd was the sound of your wheel too close for comfort! But that's a good thing. I never ride that fast alone...

I can't believe that we will be racing soon.

SpeedyChix said...

On the downhills? ;)

A dozen days to drive time. Ouch.a.chita!