2.04.2007

Zanier Heated Gloves do the job.

Been working, training and not much time to blogging. Sleep has been scarce too.

I have had the chance to really make use of my super cool (er hot) Zanier gloves. This was the warmest gift I've ever received. If the weather doesn't turn I may start wearing them around the house too.

The gloves have rechargable NiMH batteries. The three heat settings provide 86 degree heat for 10 hours, 98.6 degree heat for 4.5 hours and 131 degree heat for 2 hours.

In the past I've used lobster mitts and charcoal packs, more liners and still ending up with funny colored numb digits. These heated gloves have been really nice for long road rides when the windchill was 15deg. or XC skiing in our recent weather.

If you have from Raynaud's Syndrome these are a super help too.

Stay warm!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Are you racing only cross this year or are you going to mix some road in?

SpeedyChix said...

It'll be a mix of road, mtb and CX. But my focus will be on making it to CX season in one piece and ready to race hard.

What about you?

rachel said...

where can i buy those gloves? they sound wonderful!

i am hoping to do some mtb races this summer. maybe i'll catch you there! if not, i'm glad to see you're planning on riding circles in the mud come october!
we need to recruit more roadie/mtb girls to try cross!

SpeedyChix said...

www.precisiontandems.com/zanierheatedgloves/zanierheatedgloves.htm
Hopefully someone wants to give you a really nice gift. They are real expensive. But they have made a huge difference for me. Ummm, you'll want to keep 'em away from those propane heaters (or was the Jamie that melted the gloves?)

Here's to seeing you out at some mtb races this year. You've got a bullseye on your back for CX this year ; )
Let's see if I can make it to CX season free of broken bones this year! Have to make it a bit harder for you.

rachel said...

Ha! That was Jamie. I forgot about that! Those look really cool, but you're right, I'll put them on my wish list as I'm trying to work on getting the last parts for my new ride.